'Your company may have a Facebook page, but is it embracing the social media?'
Facebook is rated the #1 social media platform in the world, with 1.19 billion users. Creating a facebook profile and uploading engaging content brings huge benefits – it extends your digital footprint, reaches new and existing customers and creates brand recognition.
· More than half of Australia’s total population is active on facebook, the average user spends 55 minutes per day scrolling through their newsfeed.
· When it comes to being a brand on Facebook, 80% of users prefer to connect with that brand through facebook (Opposed to over the phone, email or through the website).
· Facebook allows two-way communication with your followers and creates a sustainable relationship with the audience.
What can your business achieve from having an active, engaging facebook profile?
1. Increase sales
2. Increase brand recognition
3. Consistent and active online presence
4. Broaden customer base
5. Creates and strengthens relationship with followers
6. Creates a channel of communication with customers
7. Optimize search ranking
8. Improve digital footprint
Consider Facebook as your business’s online home base, as it allows you to display all relevant information and spread content such as blog posts, events, deals, photos, videos, milestones and so much more. Facebook’s power comes from its ability to target a small but highly curated audience, therefore as a business on facebook the more you tell the right story the better Facebook can target your audience.
Many are still skeptical of the social media giant’s upside. Here are some short case studies from Facebook Business that prove its worth.
Toyota Australia: To pre-launch its all-new Prius, they used Canva, carousel and video ads on facebook to reach over 7.6 million people and increase the number of test-drives by 69%.
7-Eleven Australia: The international chain saw a 77% lift in app downloads after launching a combined Facebook and Instagram campaign to amplify its mass-market advertising in Australia
QANTAS: Used Facebook’s video ads to promote its latest brand campaign, they had 7.2 million views and 6 million Australians were reached in one month
Loreal Australia: Using facebook’s photo and video ads, the global beauty brand recruited 50,000 Australian women to take its anti-ageing moisturiser challenge, addressing scepticism in the skincare market and achieving record market shares.
In saying this, simply having a profile isn’t enough. Here are some simple steps you can follow to optimize your profile
- Make your profile photo your logo and have an engaging cover photo
- Have a ‘call to action’ button, offering the user to ‘sign up’ or ‘see more’. This could link to a newsletter subscription or link to the website
- Every section should be completed as much as possible (use key words that searchers will use to find businesses in your industry)
- Content you share should be original
- Post original text/visuals, unauthorized use of content can result in legal penalties and google rankings falling
- Schedule your posts, this allows you to be organized and map out your social media strategy
- Share your website content through Facebook, this drives traffic to your website
- Share exclusive deals to Facebook followers only
- Follow other industry-related pages
- Respond to comments and engage with followers
By Chanelle Casserly, Perth Media intern