Beautiful visuals can transform your media or marketing campaign. Here is some advice for those hiring photographers to update their image. Perth Media hires some of Australia's best photographers, in Perth and Melbourne. Half-day rate for all images captured (including news shots and portraits), plus some digital upgrades, is less than $1000.
1. Relax (make sure shoulders are straight not hunched), smile and have fun.
2. Think about what colours suit you, both in makeup and clothing. If time, take several outfits.
3. Clothing: If your photo shoot is every five years, make sure you choose simple, classic styles, so your image doesn't date. Make sure don't wear busy or extreme patterns. Simple neutral colours are often great.
4. Makeup. Make sure to blend your foundation and look your best. Less is often more.
5. Men. If you have a poor complexion, apply foundation.
6. Match your look with your job. Suits, shirts and classic dresses are best for corporate.
7. Performers: use props such as hats and striking makeup.
8. Comfortable: make sure clothes fit well and makeup is appropriate.
9. Background. Banners: take shots with corporate logos in the background for future stock photo use. News: think geography and place. Perth city or the Swan River in the background is often good or a local suburb landmark or, for business, in front of minesite or wharf, depending on your customers. Think about the uses for the photos: news/magazine stories; websites, linkedin profile, and personal. Make sure the photographer knows what you want.
10. Know your best angle.